Monday, August 17, 2009

Newsflash: Tiger Woods is Human

Calm the hell down people. The sky isn't falling. The second coming of Christ hasn't happened. Ming the Merciless isn't outside our solar system fighting Flash Gordon.

Yet some people are reacting like that because, hold your breath, Tiger Woods lost a lead and a tournament.

On the local news, Houston Foxnews 26, the sportscaster made a big deal about a Tiger choke.

ESPN2's First Take lead off with Tiger losing and making drama out of it.

It all boils down to one thing. Last I checked, Tiger Woods is human. He's the greatest golfer of our lifetime (arguably the best ever) but he does lose occasionally. He even can lose a lead.

He doesn't heal the sick. He doesn't walk on water. He doesn't fly. He's human. He's bound to lose every once and a while.

The media, as usual, are just acting like drama queens.

It's called an upset. North Carolina St. over Houston. Villanova over Georgetown. NY Jets over Baltimore. NY Giants over New England. These things happen.

If I'm Woods, I'm sitting at home with my model wife and kids enjoying a beer and laughing at all the media hysterics.

No comments:

My Sports Allegiances

My favorite teams are in no particular order: Houston Texans, San Antonio Spurs(NBA champs 99, 03, 05, 07, 14) and the Houston Cougars, Pittsburgh Penguins (Stanley Cups 91, 92, 08, 16, 17)
My secondary teams are: Houston Dynamo(MLS Champs 06, 07), Houston Astros (NL Champs 05), Houston Rockets (NBA Champs 94, 95)
Teams I Hate: Anything out of Dallas
Teams I Enjoy Seeing Lose: Texas Longhorns, Texas A&M Aggies, Baylor Bears football
Teams that are Insignificant: rice owls