Tuesday, May 19, 2009

NHL Conference Finals vs. NBAConference something or other

The NHL conference are underway. I missed the first game of the Chicago Blackhawks vs. Detroit Red Wings series. I caught game two tonight and last night's opener between my Pittsburgh Penguins and the Carolina Hurricanes.

I find hockey so much more exciting than the NBA playoffs. People who bitch and moan about low scoring have never actually watched a game or taken time to understand it. I got into a discussion at work about NBA vs. NHL. Everybody either groaned or walked away when I brought up how exciting the NHL conference finals were much more exciting than the dullards know as the NBA.

I'll take any NHL game, except for a Spurs game, over the NBA any day. During the regular season I had both NHL Center Ice and NBA League Pass. If the Pens and Spurs played on the same night, I watched the Pens until the game was over and then switched over to the Spurs game.

I can sit and watch any NHL game. I can't stand an NBA game if the Spurs aren't involved.

The other night me and some friends went to Hooters. It was game seven between the Hurricanes and Bruins along with game six for the Rockets and Lakers. I live in Houston. I left after I ate to watch the hockey game.

Those, like my coworkers, that sneer the second hockey is mentioned are just narrow minded. I think if they took the time to learn the game they would appreciate it. Instead the look at the score and scoff at watching a 3-2 game.

Ah well, their loss. I'll enjoy the Pens run and the Stanley Cup Finals even if they don't make it.

No comments:

My Sports Allegiances

My favorite teams are in no particular order: Houston Texans, San Antonio Spurs(NBA champs 99, 03, 05, 07, 14) and the Houston Cougars, Pittsburgh Penguins (Stanley Cups 91, 92, 08, 16, 17)
My secondary teams are: Houston Dynamo(MLS Champs 06, 07), Houston Astros (NL Champs 05), Houston Rockets (NBA Champs 94, 95)
Teams I Hate: Anything out of Dallas
Teams I Enjoy Seeing Lose: Texas Longhorns, Texas A&M Aggies, Baylor Bears football
Teams that are Insignificant: rice owls