Thursday, May 14, 2009

Pens Win! Pens Win! Pens Win! Poor Caps!

What a series the Pittsburgh Penguins and Washington Capitals played! As a Pens fan, it put me through the ringer of emotions.

First despair. The Penguins behind 2-0 in the series.

Then relief The Penguins tied the series up at 2.

Then elation. The Penguins took the series lead 3-2 in a thrilling overtime win.

The a sinking feeling. The Pens couldn't close out the Caps on home ice.

Then anticipation. Game seven on the road against the Caps who took back the series momentum in game six.

Then joy. Up 2 goals, 4 goals and then more. The blowout was on. The Pens clinched the series and now await the winner of game seven between the Boston Bruins and the Carolina Hurricanes.

For now, I'll enjoy the moment. Next series the emotional roller coaster starts again.

No comments:

My Sports Allegiances

My favorite teams are in no particular order: Houston Texans, San Antonio Spurs(NBA champs 99, 03, 05, 07, 14) and the Houston Cougars, Pittsburgh Penguins (Stanley Cups 91, 92, 08, 16, 17)
My secondary teams are: Houston Dynamo(MLS Champs 06, 07), Houston Astros (NL Champs 05), Houston Rockets (NBA Champs 94, 95)
Teams I Hate: Anything out of Dallas
Teams I Enjoy Seeing Lose: Texas Longhorns, Texas A&M Aggies, Baylor Bears football
Teams that are Insignificant: rice owls