Friday, September 7, 2012

Week 1 NFL Picks vs. The Spread

Out of sheer laziness, I stopped making picks last season.  I plan to do it weekly again.  This is just for entertainment purposes and to see how good or bad I'd do if I lived in Vegas.

For this week, I'm using the lines posted at Football Locks

I'll comment on some games but not all.  Yeah I'm that lazy.

Colts (+10) at Bears - Andrew Luck's debut in the Windy City against a solid Bears defense.  Jay Cutler also reunited with Brandon Marshall.  Bears

Eagles (-9) at Browns - Eagles

Bills (-3) at Jets - I have no faith in any of the quarterbacks in this game: Sanchez, Tebow or Fitzpatrick.  Bills

Redskins (+7.5) at Saints - I like the Saints but I think game might play out closer than the line.  Saints

Patriots (-5.5) at Titans - this spread is to close.  The Pats will win by more.  Patriots

Jaguars (+3.5) at Vikings - I'll skip this one.  The goal is simple in my little game here.  Bet as if I were in Vegas.  I wouldn't touch this one with a ten foot pole.

Dolphins (+12) at Texans - Miami has never beaten Texans.  Arian Foster and Brooks Reed are game time decisions.  I don't think any of that matters versus rookie QB Tannenhill.  Texans

Rams (+7) at Lions - Lions

Falcons (-3) at Chiefs - Chiefs keep it close.  Chiefs

49ers (+5) at Packers - NFC title game preview?  Niners boast great defense but will Alex Smith play up to last year's standards?  Packers have great offense but will defense play down to last year's level? Packers

Panthers (-2.5) at Buccaneers - Newton torches Bucs defense.  Panthers

Seahawks (-2.5) at Cardinals - Seahawks

Steelers (+1.5) at Broncos - Steelers pull this one off late.  Steelers

Bengals (+6.5) at Ravens - Green and Dalton a year more mature.  Ravens defense might regress this year.  Bengals lose but keep it close.  Bengals

Chargers (+1) at Raiders - I'll put the over/under stabbings at 5.5.  I'll pass on this game too.

No comments:

My Sports Allegiances

My favorite teams are in no particular order: Houston Texans, San Antonio Spurs(NBA champs 99, 03, 05, 07, 14) and the Houston Cougars, Pittsburgh Penguins (Stanley Cups 91, 92, 08, 16, 17)
My secondary teams are: Houston Dynamo(MLS Champs 06, 07), Houston Astros (NL Champs 05), Houston Rockets (NBA Champs 94, 95)
Teams I Hate: Anything out of Dallas
Teams I Enjoy Seeing Lose: Texas Longhorns, Texas A&M Aggies, Baylor Bears football
Teams that are Insignificant: rice owls