Saturday, May 3, 2008

Bring on the Hornets!

Okay so I needlessly worried myself about San Antonio losing to Phoenix. They made quick work of the Suns to set up a Western Conference semifinal match up against the Charlotte Hornets. The experts on ESPN are picking the Spurs to win the series. How quickly their tune changes after one series. I think all but three or four pick the Suns to win. Now only one picks Charlotte to emerge.

As for myself, I don't see the series going past six either way. I think the Spurs should win it but it won't be easy. In fact I think it's going to be an all out war. I was talking to my friend the yesterday about the series. In discussing the obvious, we concluded that the Spurs would do well to get out of there with the split. I like the Spurs chances in the series if they come home 1-1. If they come home 0-2 then kiss the season good bye. The Hornets are a young team and going into the hole against them doesn't bode well for the older Spurs. The Spurs need to knock them back and daze them. The longer this series goes, the more it favors the younger Hornets. I'm predicting the Spurs in six.

How about the Atlanta Hawks taking Boston to the brink? Boston will come out on top in game seven. Who the hell thought the Hawks would go so far though? Give them credit holding serve and taking all three games at home. Now if they can just get that one win at the Garden. No doubt about it, this would be the biggest upset in NBA history. It would surpass Golden State's upending of Dallas last year. This definitely has to get the Celtics asshole puckering up. I guess now they realize they just can't waltz to the title. The Hawks though are playing like they have nothing to lose. And they don't. If they go home, everybody expected it. If they win, the will get all the accolades but nobody still expects them to get past the next round. Game seven tomorrow at noon. I'll be there!

No comments:

My Sports Allegiances

My favorite teams are in no particular order: Houston Texans, San Antonio Spurs(NBA champs 99, 03, 05, 07, 14) and the Houston Cougars, Pittsburgh Penguins (Stanley Cups 91, 92, 08, 16, 17)
My secondary teams are: Houston Dynamo(MLS Champs 06, 07), Houston Astros (NL Champs 05), Houston Rockets (NBA Champs 94, 95)
Teams I Hate: Anything out of Dallas
Teams I Enjoy Seeing Lose: Texas Longhorns, Texas A&M Aggies, Baylor Bears football
Teams that are Insignificant: rice owls