Friday, April 25, 2008

Random Thoughts

My favorite Houston Texans site is no more. Housotn Pro Football is gone. A new incarnation of the site has risen in the name of In The Bull's Eye. Some of the old posters are starting to find their way over to the message board. Let's hope most of them return.

What a game between the Houston Rockets and Utah Jazz. The Rockets could have mailed it in and started thinking about summer vacation. Freaking Carl Landry had a hell of a game. He got a tooth knocked out and returned to make a game winning block. Tracy McGrady scored more than one point in the fourth quarter. He made a bone headed offensive foul down the stretch but the Rockets survived. They seized home court back but they need to take game four to stay in it.

My beloved San Antonio Spurs look to take a commanding three game lead tonight in Phoenix. I know it's been talked and written a lot about. Even so I still wonder if the Spurs are really that much in the Suns' head? In every sport it some teams just have another team's number. I don't know if I they really are in their heads or is it match up problems or what. The Suns really aren't worse than the Spurs. Yet the Spurs just have their number in the playoffs. In the Tim Duncan era, the Spurs and the Suns have met up four times. The only series the Suns won was 2000 when Duncan sat out due to an injury. The Shaq experiment isn't working so far. No doubt about it, tonight is a must win for Phoenix.

I don't comment much on the NFL draft. There are enough draftniks and gurus out there that know far more about it than I do. I just read up on players who the Texans might be interested in and who might be the best fit. The most debated topic is what position the Texans will draft with the first pick. CB or LT? We won't know until Saturday.

No comments:

My Sports Allegiances

My favorite teams are in no particular order: Houston Texans, San Antonio Spurs(NBA champs 99, 03, 05, 07, 14) and the Houston Cougars, Pittsburgh Penguins (Stanley Cups 91, 92, 08, 16, 17)
My secondary teams are: Houston Dynamo(MLS Champs 06, 07), Houston Astros (NL Champs 05), Houston Rockets (NBA Champs 94, 95)
Teams I Hate: Anything out of Dallas
Teams I Enjoy Seeing Lose: Texas Longhorns, Texas A&M Aggies, Baylor Bears football
Teams that are Insignificant: rice owls