Sunday, November 30, 2008

Week 12 results vs. the Spread

Not a good week. I'll never make a leaving at this. I went 5-10 this week. I evidently over looked the Bucs-Lions game.

My sucker bet theory got blown out of the water last week. I had stated that just about any double digit spread was a sucker bet and to take the underdog. Ouch. The Bengals were routed by the Steelers(-11) and the 49ers got whipped by the Cowboys(-10). The game that was close enough to sucker bet territory was the Raiders(+9.5) at the Broncos. I went with the favored Broncos and of course they lose. Same thing happened with the Rams(+8.5) hosting the Bears. I thought that it was going to be a low scoring game. In which case it would favor the Rams. Dumb ass. Rams are back to Scott Linehan coaching form. The Browns had been a pretty healthy pick for me for most of the season. Not against the Texans(+3). I don't think the Browns will be a safe pick for the rest of the season. Of course the Titans had be another safe pick but the Jets(+5) put and end to the unbeaten streak. I still don't know why I picked the Packers over the Saints. It was a poor choice to say the least. I expected a much closer game.

On the plus side of the ledger, two fo the three road dogs paid off. I got the Patriots (+1.5) at the Dolphins right and the Vikings (+2.5) over the Jaguars right. The other three I picked right were Bills(-3) at KC, Ravens(-1) hosting the Eagles and Giants(-3) at the Cardinals.

With three games on Thursday, I could have an indication of how my week will go. At least I hope I start off on the right foot.

No comments:

My Sports Allegiances

My favorite teams are in no particular order: Houston Texans, San Antonio Spurs(NBA champs 99, 03, 05, 07, 14) and the Houston Cougars, Pittsburgh Penguins (Stanley Cups 91, 92, 08, 16, 17)
My secondary teams are: Houston Dynamo(MLS Champs 06, 07), Houston Astros (NL Champs 05), Houston Rockets (NBA Champs 94, 95)
Teams I Hate: Anything out of Dallas
Teams I Enjoy Seeing Lose: Texas Longhorns, Texas A&M Aggies, Baylor Bears football
Teams that are Insignificant: rice owls