Thursday, November 27, 2008

Week 13 Picks vs. the Spread

I haven't tallied last weeks picks but I should have them tonight.

Week 13 Picks against the Spread

Titans(-11) @ Lions - The Titans are coming off their first loss of the season and the Lions are trying to get their first win of the season. I've been staying away from picking double digit underdogs the last two weeks. I'm thinking this might be an exception. Titans

Seahawks(+13) @Cowboys - Another double digit spread and another quandary for me. I view them as sucker bets for the most part. Dallas though has been traditionally strong on Thanksgiving Day games and the Seahawks are going no where fast. Cowboys

Cardinals(+3) @Eagles - Donovan McNabb was pulled last week in favor of quarterback of the future Kevin Kolb. The Eagles are in disarray while the Cards are clicking along nicely. Take the road dog in this one. Cardinals

Broncos(+7.5) @Jets - Jets have the hot hand right now. Could they be in for a let down after inflicting the first loss on the Titans? Jets

49ers(+7) @Bills - This is one if I were actually betting money I would stay away from. Since no money is on the line I'll take 49ers

Saints(+3.5) @Buccaneers - Drew Brees went nuts on the Packers last week. The Bucs have a strong defense though. I think the Bucs prevails.

Panthers(+3) @Packers - I don't know what to make of the Packers this year. They are off and on. The ass whipping they took in New Orleans is a big set back. I think they bounce back this week. Packers

Giants(-3.5) @Redskins - Another rumble in the NFC East. Giants

Dolphins @Rams - No line except for VegasInsider. No pick per my rules.

Ravens(-7) @Bengals - Ravens

Falcons(+5) @Chargers - Michael Turner returns to San Diego but as a starter for the other team. Falcons

Colts(-5) @Browns - Brady Quinn maybe done for the year. Romeo Crennel maybe done soon. I think it is now safe to pick against the Browns. Colts

Steelers(+1) @Patriots - Steelers are being held together by band aids and duct tape. Patriots

Chiefs(+3) @Raiders - Sick match up of the week. Another one I wouldn't touch if I had money on the line. I'm surprised that this one isn't a pick 'em. Raiders

Bears(+3.5) @Vikings - What's this? Three games in a week that I wouldn't touch? You bet I wouldn't touch this one. Vikings

Jaguars(+3) @Texans - Monday Night Football in front of a quarter full stadium with two teams going no where. Texans

No comments:

My Sports Allegiances

My favorite teams are in no particular order: Houston Texans, San Antonio Spurs(NBA champs 99, 03, 05, 07, 14) and the Houston Cougars, Pittsburgh Penguins (Stanley Cups 91, 92, 08, 16, 17)
My secondary teams are: Houston Dynamo(MLS Champs 06, 07), Houston Astros (NL Champs 05), Houston Rockets (NBA Champs 94, 95)
Teams I Hate: Anything out of Dallas
Teams I Enjoy Seeing Lose: Texas Longhorns, Texas A&M Aggies, Baylor Bears football
Teams that are Insignificant: rice owls