Saturday, December 13, 2008

NFL Week #14, Week 15 picks, Week 13 results and an Answer to Richard Justice on Vince Young

All right. I'm running way behind on this blog. Quiet a bit of ground to cover. I'll start with my week 14 takes on the NFL.

NFL Week #14
I was a lazy phuk last week and didn't feel like coming up with my usual bull Shiite. And now the B.S.

I'll start with what I stated a few weeks ago.

I hate the Dallas Cowboys!

I hate the New Orleans Saints! The Saints fans are just the most annoying douchebags in the NFL. I get so sick of that stupid,"Whoddat, Whoddat, Whoddat gonna beat dem Saints???!!!" For heaven's sake, a lot of teams did and do. So shut the hell up. Nothing was sweeter last year than the Texans shutting up those idiot fans in beating the Saints at Reliant. What a bunch of douche nozzles. And John McClain from the Houston Chronicle thinks they deserve to win a Super Bowl cause all they've been through from Hurricane Katrina. That's a stupid, retarded line of thinking. Nobody deserves shit. Gotta earn it on the field. No one team deserves a Super Bowl just because of some tragedy and destruction. Screw the Saints and their inbred, webbed fingered, sister marrying fans. It's worth saying again. What a bunch of douchebags. One quick question: If a couple in Louisiana gets divorced are they still considered brother and sister?

Nice comeback win by the Steelers against the Cowboys. Mr. Jessica Simpson threw a beautiful INT that was returned for a TD. I was laughing so hard I think I coughed up blood. Just kidding about the blood. The Cowboys are the NFL's version of the Texas Longhorns. They think they deserve to finish at the top just because of who they are. Watching another Dallas December collapse warms my nuts in the cold of winter.

Cowboy fans just need to look over in Oakland and to see where the franchise will be in about ten to twenty years. Jerry Jones is like Al Davis in that he can't keep his nose out of on the field business. This week the Al Davis in waiting questioned Marion Barber's toughness and said he thought Barber should have played. Way to show your loyalty to the players. I'm sure the coaches and medical staff appreciate the comments too. As much as I hate the Cowboys, I respect the way Barber plays. He's one of the few running backs that will look to run through a defender. He's one tough SOB so I give him the benefit of the doubt.

Now for the Player of the Week: Brian Westbrook of the Eagles. He put up some obnoxious numbers: 6 catches for 72 yards and a TD plus 33 carries for 131 yards and a TD.

The Joe Pisarcik/Carson Palmer Player of the Week: Hines Ward of the Steelers. He had an outstanding 1 reception for a mind numbing 2 yards. Congrats. That took a lot of effort to achieve.

Bad news or good news, I don't know how to take it. Word is Herm Edwards probably gets another year in Kansas City. Good cause I get to rag on his dumbass another season. Bad because I want to elevate Jack Del Rio to worst coach in the league. As long as Edwards in the league I can't take that distinction away from him.

As usual, the Texans are last. I don't care how far the Green Bay Packers have fallen. Going into 5 degree (I think that was temperature at kick off) and beating the Pack is a big deal. At least for this franchise it is. But damn Texans, try not coughing up the ball so much. I'm going to have ulcers if they keep this Shiite up next year. I also like that the players haven't quit on Gary Kubiak. The players could have started mailing it in a few weeks ago after losing to the Vikings and Colts. It says a lot about the character of the team and something about the respect they might have for Kubiak.

Oh screw it though, I don't want a good character team. I want a mean, nasty team. I want a team that defense punishes an offense. I want maulers on the offensive line. I want a back that's going to laugh as he plows over a linebacker.

I wonder how many Vince Young jerseys the natives will be wearing on Sunday at Reliant. I wonder if I'll see any Collins jerseys?

NFL Week 15 Picks
Obviously I'm excluding the Thursday night game. My selections are in bold.

Packers(-2.5) @Jaguars - I think Jack Del Rio's bunch have given up on him for the season. Packers

Lions(+17) @Colts - Wow. 17 point underdog is that double digit thing again. A few weeks ago I would have definitely gone with the Lions and the points. Not anymore. They truly are rudderless now. Colts

Redskins (-6.5) @Bengals - That's about the right line. Redskins

Buccaneers(+3) @Falcons - Same story with the 'skins-Bengals game, the line is just about right. Falcons

49ers(+6) @Dolphins - To high a line favoring the Dolphins. Mike Singeltary has the 49ers playing better ball lately. Just ask the Jets. I think Miami wins but fails to cover. 49ers

Seahawks(-2.5) @Rams - This is a game I wouldn't touch with anyone's money. Since I have to though, I'll go with the Seahawks.

Bills(+7.5) @Jets - Both teams are in a bad funk. Jets have a two game let down after beating the Titans. The Bills just flat on their faces after a hot start. Jets

Titans(-3) @Texans - My former hometown team vs. my current hometown team. And I'm not the one that moved. I'm surprised at how low the line is favoring the Titans. They repeatedly not been favored by much and still beat the odds. I loved the Oilers but don't like them as the Titans. Pick against them at your own peril.

Steelers(+2.5) @Ravens - Probably the game of the week. Ravens QB Joe Flacco did well in his first game against the Steelers at Heinz Field. I think he does better at home. Ravens

Broncos(+7.5) @Panthers - Panthers are on a roll. Broncos are hot and cold. No defense for the Broncos is the downfall though. Panthers

Chargers(-6) @Chiefs - Disappointing Chargers should take care of the Chiefs.

Vikings(+3) @Cardinals - I haven't even looked if Gus Frerotte is going to play. I don't think it matters much. Cardinals

Patriots(-6.5) @Raiders - I misjudged the Pats last week but I won't this week. Patriots

Giants(+3) @Cowboys - I like the road dogs in this one. Giants

Browns(+14) @Eagles - Browns are down to Ken Dorsey at quarterback. Eagles



NFL Week 13 Results
I'm a couple of weeks late. I got lazy and didn't tally my picks until this week and didn't make any picks in week 14. I went 8-6. Brief recap on what right and wrong.

First the winning side of the ledger. I'd been preaching against taking double digit spreads. In week 13 I went against my own sermon. Why? The Titans were playing the hapless Lions and the Cowboys against the ailing Seahawks. It paid off. It was just to rich to pass up. I went with two road dogs and won. I picked the 49ers(+7) against the Bills and the Falcons(+5) at the Chargers. I expected a better game from the Redskins but I took the Giants and won. Ravens(-7) on the road against the Bengals was a lay up. I took the Texans over the Jaguars in the Monday night game. Texans just have the Jags number most of the time.

Now the ugly side of the ledger. The road dog that I pick that lost was the Cardinals(+3) at the Eagles. I thought the Eagles were on the downward spiral. Evidently not. The Jets had the let down I feared. I didn't go with my instinct and lost the Jets game. I completely misjudged the
Patriots. I thought they would survive in Pittsburgh. The Buccaneers won but didn't cover as did the Colts. I picked both teams and they gave me a loss. I took the Packers by virtue of playing at home. Dumb idea. Panthers beat them and then they lose again to the Texans at home.

Not a bad week but not enough to probably make up for all the bad weeks I've had. I'm not making a living at this anytime soon.

Richard Justice's Column on Back up Titans QB Vince Young

Ah yes, the Old Rusty Tromboner (look up "rusty tromboner") Richard Justice is at it again. While he's not making excuses from Son of Zeus Vince Young, he still likes to stroke Vinnie's Weenie. I'm sure the Tromboner is creaming his panties in anticipation of the Fruit of Zeus's loin comes home to Houston. To quote the Tromboner:

"This weekend, Young will be returning to a place that loves him almost unconditionally. Welcome home, Vince."
Yeah right Justice. Everybody in Houston loves Vince Young unconditionally. The Texans loved him so much they drafted Mario Williams. The Texans loved him so much they kept David Carr. The Texans loved him so much they almost drafted Reggie Bush. The Texans loved him so much that they passed on him with the first overall pick in the draft. The Texans passed on what would have been an incredible marketing coup. Vince Young, Hometown Hero Returns. Reliant would have been rocking and rolling. That's unconditional love Texans style.

Then the lamest argument from Vinnie's ball washers: Bud Adams took Young to stick it to the Texans. How? Just how is it sticking it to the Texans? Texans had first shot and passed him up. He's Adams' problem now.

Those with blinders saw Vince for what he is. An incredible college athlete whose style of play would revolutionize the way quarterback was played. Kind of like Michael Vick, Donovan McNabb, Randall Cunningham and Duante Culpepper. Oh wait, Vick, McNabb, Cunningham and Culpepper didn't revolutionize the game. They learned the professional game and turned their natural abilities to a higher level in the pros. According to Pro Football Weekly, Titans starting QB Kerry Collins even offered to teach him to watch film and learn the game. Young turned a would be mentor down.

Young sits on the bench and pouts. His vagina hurts when he's booed. He doesn't want to talk to reporters anymore cause part of his problems are due to the media. His mommy has to come out and defend him cause he's hurting. Grow up, Vince!

So go ahead Justice put on your Longhorn Vince Young jersey and wear it to the game Sunday. Your hero will be on the bench. But whatever you do Justice, don't break your chin on Vince's balls.

No comments:

My Sports Allegiances

My favorite teams are in no particular order: Houston Texans, San Antonio Spurs(NBA champs 99, 03, 05, 07, 14) and the Houston Cougars, Pittsburgh Penguins (Stanley Cups 91, 92, 08, 16, 17)
My secondary teams are: Houston Dynamo(MLS Champs 06, 07), Houston Astros (NL Champs 05), Houston Rockets (NBA Champs 94, 95)
Teams I Hate: Anything out of Dallas
Teams I Enjoy Seeing Lose: Texas Longhorns, Texas A&M Aggies, Baylor Bears football
Teams that are Insignificant: rice owls