Thursday, December 18, 2008

NFL Week 15 Results, Week 16 Picks

Holy Crap! What a horrible week. 5-9-1. I really stank it up and polluted the air this week.

A quick break down. Not much on the positive side. I called it right that the 49ers wouldn't win but the Dolphins would fail to cover. I also got the Seahawks, Panthers, Patriots and Eagles correct. All won and covered. The push was the Falcons beat the Bucs by three.

On the bad side there was plenty that went wrong. Evidently the Pack are worse than the Jags. I got burned by the 17 point line of the Colts over the Lions. The Jets beat the Bills but failed to cover the 7.5 spread. My hometown Texans have burned me the last three weeks. I picked the Titans to win easily. The Texans pulled off the upset. The home favorite Ravens let me down against the Steelers. The Cardinals laid a total egg against the Vikings and the Giants did the same against the Cowboys.

I'll never make a living at this.

Week 16 Picks

Colts(-6.5) @Jaguars - Colts are peaking and fighting for a home date for the wildcard. Jags have nothing to play for. Colts

Raves(+4) @Cowboys - This is a tough one. I expect a street fight, low scoring affair. Both defense have been playing well. I'll go with the road dogs. Ravens

Steelers(-2) @Titans - Still getting low lines, the Titans are underdogs at home. The Steelers are so unpredictable offensively. I think the Texans may have exposed the Titans a little. Steelers

Dolphins(-4) @Chiefs - GM and team president Carl Peterson resigned and Herm Edwards may be out the door to. What do the Chiefs really have to play for? Dolphins

Cardinals(+8) @Patriots - The Cards dropped a stinker at home against the Vikings. They don't play well on the East Coast. Patriots

Bengals(+3) @Browns - I don't understand this line. The Browns favored? I'll take the Bengals

Eagles(-5) @Redskins - The Redskins are circling the drain with the self proclaimed worst coach in America. Eagles

49ers(-5.5) @Rams - Rams a pretty pathetic bunch of players with nothing to lose or gain. Mike Singletary has probably earned the head coaching job. 49ers

Falcons(+3) @Vikings - Vikings exposed a weak Cardinal team. It won't be so easy against the Falcons but playing at home helps. Falcons

Saints(-7) @Lions - The Lions still showed some fight last week. Saints lost Reggie Bush for the year. I think the Lions keep it close. Lions

Panthers(+3) @Giants - Giants are really struggling to find themselves post Plaxico Burress. Panthers demolished the Bucs two weeks ago and will look repeat the performance against the Giants. Panthers

Jets(-4.5) @Seahawks - Jets are a riddle wrapped in an enigma. Jets

Texans(-7) @Raiders - Texans are undefeated lifetime against the Raiders. Granted it's a short lifetime and things don't look to change soon. Texans

Bills(+7) @Broncos - Broncos

Chargers(+3.5) @Buccaneers - Buccaneers

Packers(+4) @Bears - The Packers defense has been atrocious. The Bears don't excite me to much though. Bears

No comments:

My Sports Allegiances

My favorite teams are in no particular order: Houston Texans, San Antonio Spurs(NBA champs 99, 03, 05, 07, 14) and the Houston Cougars, Pittsburgh Penguins (Stanley Cups 91, 92, 08, 16, 17)
My secondary teams are: Houston Dynamo(MLS Champs 06, 07), Houston Astros (NL Champs 05), Houston Rockets (NBA Champs 94, 95)
Teams I Hate: Anything out of Dallas
Teams I Enjoy Seeing Lose: Texas Longhorns, Texas A&M Aggies, Baylor Bears football
Teams that are Insignificant: rice owls