Saturday, December 27, 2008

NFL Week 17 Picks vs. the Spread

The last week of the season. I haven't tallied my season totals yet but I'm guessing I'm well into the losing side. Not much chance at making up ground but I'll give out my week seventeen picks anyway.

Raiders(+12.5) @Buccaneers - Sucker bet at double digits. Raiders are a mess but the Bucs are also in disarray. Raiders

Lions(+10.5) @Packers - Another sucker bet. The Packers have nothing to play for. The Lions will try and fight to keep from being the first 0-16 team in NFL history. Lions

Cowboys(+1) @Eagles - Maybe the toughest pick to make. Both teams are playing for a post season berth. Cowboys are coming off a stunning loss to the Ravens in which they kept getting close only to be kicked in the teeth by two long TD runs. Eagles have been hot and cold all season. I have an rule: Never bet the Cowboys in December. Eagles

Giants(+7) @Vikings - The Giants have the number one NFC seed wrapped up. The Vikings need a win to get into the playoffs. Who plays harder? Will Giants coach Tom Coughlin rest starters? Tough call. Giants

Bears(+2.5) @Texans - The Texans have been kicking me in the chin all season. I pick against them and they win. I pick them and they lose. Guess what? I'm passing on this game. I can't. It's against my own rules. Texans

Panthers(-2.5) @Saints - Another disappointing season for the Saints and the Panthers have the bye week wrapped up. Time for the Panthers to rest some players. Saints

Rams(+14) @Falcons - Falcons need the win to wrap up a post season slot. Rams are a team that can't find their asses with both hands. Double digit line can be lethal though. Falcons

Chiefs(+3) @Bengals - This is one of the sick men of the NFL match ups. I don't like taking either team but I must. Bengals

Jaguars(+12.5) @Ravens - Are the Jags that bad? I expect no fight from them. Double digits is a to much though. Jaguars

Titans(-3) @Colts - Nothing on the line for either team. Colts

Browns(+11) @Steelers - Nothing on the line for either team. Is there an echo in the room? Steelers

Dolphins(+2.5) @Jets - Jets are sinking with Brett Farve's arm. Dolphins

Patriots(-6) @Bills - Have the Bills moved to Toronto yet? Patriots

Seahawks(+6.5) @Cardinals - Arizona is a really bad team all of a sudden. The line is a little to big for the way the Cards have been playing lately. Seahawks

Redskins(+3) @49ers - Really, who cares? 49ers

Broncos(+8) @Chargers - Are you kidding me? +8? No way. Broncos

No comments:

My Sports Allegiances

My favorite teams are in no particular order: Houston Texans, San Antonio Spurs(NBA champs 99, 03, 05, 07, 14) and the Houston Cougars, Pittsburgh Penguins (Stanley Cups 91, 92, 08, 16, 17)
My secondary teams are: Houston Dynamo(MLS Champs 06, 07), Houston Astros (NL Champs 05), Houston Rockets (NBA Champs 94, 95)
Teams I Hate: Anything out of Dallas
Teams I Enjoy Seeing Lose: Texas Longhorns, Texas A&M Aggies, Baylor Bears football
Teams that are Insignificant: rice owls