Monday, January 26, 2009

Kobe, Thy Name is Dick

I couldn't help but laugh when I read that Kobe Bryant thinks he could help the Philadelphia Eagles at wide receiver.

The man can't lead the LA Lakers to a title without riding on Shaq's coattails. Now he thinks he could lead an NFL team to the Super Bowl. Not only is he arrogant but he's delusional too.

Basketball can be a physical game. Football is a constant physical game. Kobe thinks that when they get into the redzone they could just lob it to him. To use his words, he'd just "Moss" it; referring himself to Randy Moss.

I'd like to see the look on Kobe's face the first time a linebacker or safety cracks him over the middle.

Plus receivers are required to do a lot of things besides catch the ball. They need to block down field, run decoy routes and other "team" things. I somehow don't think any of this is hard wired into Kobe's whining thin skull.

Then again, WR is the diva position of the NFL. Kobe might fit in there.

No comments:

My Sports Allegiances

My favorite teams are in no particular order: Houston Texans, San Antonio Spurs(NBA champs 99, 03, 05, 07, 14) and the Houston Cougars, Pittsburgh Penguins (Stanley Cups 91, 92, 08, 16, 17)
My secondary teams are: Houston Dynamo(MLS Champs 06, 07), Houston Astros (NL Champs 05), Houston Rockets (NBA Champs 94, 95)
Teams I Hate: Anything out of Dallas
Teams I Enjoy Seeing Lose: Texas Longhorns, Texas A&M Aggies, Baylor Bears football
Teams that are Insignificant: rice owls