Saturday, January 3, 2009

Thomas Hilton R.I.P.

This news came as a shocker. Thomas Hilton wrote the Texans Fan blog for the Houston Chronicle. Cause of death hasn't been released and I don't think it's relevant. He was only 36.

I only read his blog occasionally but Hilton was well respected in the small Texans blogosphere. You might not like his opinions or think he was full of it but if you confronted him with it he'd handle it with class and respect.

I noticed he hadn't posted in a while. I knew he was a PhD. student so I figure that he just didn't have time or that he quit writing for whatever reason. Then the link on the Chron website just disappeared. It was while reading Texans Chick Stephanie Stradley's blog that I found out about Hilton's passing.

From the reading I did do of Hilton's blog, I is evident that he was a huge Texans fan and definitely loved to write and debate about the Texans.

So it's a shock to lose him but I hope he's above happy to know that many of us will miss him. He left more than just a ripple on the Texans online community.

No comments:

My Sports Allegiances

My favorite teams are in no particular order: Houston Texans, San Antonio Spurs(NBA champs 99, 03, 05, 07, 14) and the Houston Cougars, Pittsburgh Penguins (Stanley Cups 91, 92, 08, 16, 17)
My secondary teams are: Houston Dynamo(MLS Champs 06, 07), Houston Astros (NL Champs 05), Houston Rockets (NBA Champs 94, 95)
Teams I Hate: Anything out of Dallas
Teams I Enjoy Seeing Lose: Texas Longhorns, Texas A&M Aggies, Baylor Bears football
Teams that are Insignificant: rice owls