Saturday, January 17, 2009

New Blog Feature - Official Hack List

I've added a link of official hacks. The links are in order of irrelevance.

Leading off the list is the Houston Chronicle's Richard Justice. Justice is the official mouth piece for the University of Texas. Just a couple examples: A raw deal for UT from flawed system and UT claims another win for the ages. His wonderful column featuring Vince Young when the Titans came to town was well received. Who really wants to read about the whining, crying, pouting, sulking back up quarterback of the best team in the NFL at the time? Evidently Justice and the Chronicle editorial staff did. The backlash on the comments section was hilarious. My personal favorite comment went along the lines of "Is this the first feature on back up quarterbacks in the NFL. I can't wait for your feature on Brooks Bollinger."

Not only is he shill for the Longhorns, he evidently carries a personal grudge against the Texans. On one of his recent columns was pretty much a crying session because the Texans fired his buddies...the strength coach and a trainer. They were friends going back to the days when Justice covered the Redskins. The column is filled with stories and quotes from unnamed sources and no support. Bigfatdrunk at DGDG&D does a great job of picking the column apart.

Andy Perloff's Against the Grain is probably the worst blog out there. He claims to be "not your average football anaylsis." He's right in one aspect. It's not average. It's well below average. I've also taken to calling him Captain Obvious because he doesn't have one original thought in his blog. Like this week's gem. He writes about the Chargers shouldn't be afraid to let LT walk. I haven't heard this idea or discussion any where. I love to go onto his comment section and rail on him. I hope he keeps writing cause I love to go read the train wreck.

It took me a while to label Jason Whitlock a hack. However his column giving Tony Dungy and the Colts defense a pass while blaming the loss Peyton Manning earned the hack label. His continued excuse making for Ball State's last two losses also factored in him earning the title of hack. I have more about my recent Jason Whitlock - Hack post.

Jerome Solomon hasn't posted any hack material lately but take my word he's still a hack.

More coming to the list is warranted.

No comments:

My Sports Allegiances

My favorite teams are in no particular order: Houston Texans, San Antonio Spurs(NBA champs 99, 03, 05, 07, 14) and the Houston Cougars, Pittsburgh Penguins (Stanley Cups 91, 92, 08, 16, 17)
My secondary teams are: Houston Dynamo(MLS Champs 06, 07), Houston Astros (NL Champs 05), Houston Rockets (NBA Champs 94, 95)
Teams I Hate: Anything out of Dallas
Teams I Enjoy Seeing Lose: Texas Longhorns, Texas A&M Aggies, Baylor Bears football
Teams that are Insignificant: rice owls