Wednesday, October 7, 2009

NFL Week 4

Finally some time to screw off at work and do what I like to do....nothing.

Don't me wrong, I love going to the Texans games. It's my Hanukah, Christmas, Kwanza and Ramadan rolled into one. "Eight Sundays of Football" should be the title of my biography. There aren't many places I'd rather be than those eight home games. I take that back...there is no place I'd rather be than Reliant Cathedral.

The only draw back to being at home games is I don't get to watch all the other games going on. My second favorite place to be on Sundays is at a sports bar watching all the games. After a Texans home game, by the time I get the sports bar I miss a lot of the action or the games are already a blowout.

All I can say about Dallas is they suck. Maybe they needed that edge T.O. gave them. Nothing makes me laugh harder when the high expectations are brought down to earth by reality. 2-2....no better than the Texans.

I'm actually laughing harder at the Titans than at any Dallas loss. I can't remember where but I read some place that there are two types of Titan fans: those of the team and fans of Vince Young. At 0-4 the VY Fan Club of Tennessee is starting to call for the Wonderlic Genius to start in place of Kerry Collins. Head coach Jeff Fisher insists that Collins isn't the problem. Never mind that Vodka Collins (a name bestowed on him by some Texans fans) didn't complete a pass in his last 13 attempts against Jacksonville. My guess is that VY would throw 30 incompletions in the same span. Or he'd curl up in the fetal position and cry.

At this point it's obvious the Titans woes start with the defense. Is it the loss of Fat Albert Hayensworth? Or the loss of defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz? My guess is it's Schwartz. Other than Fat Albert, it's the same team out there. Pro Bowlers in the secondary and a healthy line upfront from last year still patrol for the defense. What gives? Matt Schaub had a career best 4 TDs and David Garrard looked like an All-Pro last week at against a leaky Titans pass defense. For now I'm putting it on the new coordinator.

As much as I hate to admit it, I think the New Orleans Saints are for real. They dismantled the NY Jets defense and brought Mark Sanchez back to earth. Sanchez had zero TDs and three INTs. Drew Brees, for the second game in a row, didn't throw for a TD. In fact they are winning on strong defense. If the defense can hold up all year then dammit you think douche nozzle Saints are unbearable now....imagine if the win the Super Bowl.

The Pittsburgh Steelers survive another interesting game. This time the offense actually put up some points on the board. The defense and special teams almost gave it away. For this week, Rashard Mendenhall is my hero. And only because he kicked ass and removed any doubt if I would win a fantasy game in one of my leagues. The Steelers are a scary team. They can be scary inept but if they put it back together a repeat isn't out of the question.

Later in the week, I'll have my usual features: the Joe Pisarcik/Vince Young Player of the Week, the Herm Edwards Coach of the Week and the Line of the Week. Also my week four results and week five picks.

1 comment:

Blogger said...

There's shocking news in the sports betting industry.

It's been said that every bettor needs to see this,

Watch this now or quit placing bets on sports...

Sports Cash System - Robotic Sports Betting Software.

My Sports Allegiances

My favorite teams are in no particular order: Houston Texans, San Antonio Spurs(NBA champs 99, 03, 05, 07, 14) and the Houston Cougars, Pittsburgh Penguins (Stanley Cups 91, 92, 08, 16, 17)
My secondary teams are: Houston Dynamo(MLS Champs 06, 07), Houston Astros (NL Champs 05), Houston Rockets (NBA Champs 94, 95)
Teams I Hate: Anything out of Dallas
Teams I Enjoy Seeing Lose: Texas Longhorns, Texas A&M Aggies, Baylor Bears football
Teams that are Insignificant: rice owls