Sunday, October 11, 2009

Week 4 Results, Week 5 Picks

I don't have much time to do this so it's brief.

This is why I don't gamble. Week 4 I went 4-9 or something like that. Regardless it was an awful week for my selections.

I'll try to do a bit better this week.

Bengals (+10) at Ravens - To many points against the Bengals. Carson Palmer had success against the Steelers. Bengals

Vikings (-11) at Rams - The rams are that pathetic. This is a double digit spread I will take. Vikings

Steelers (-11) at Lions - Going against a double digit spread in choosing the Lions bit my ass. I expect a lot of Rashard Mendenhall this game. Steelers

Cowboys (-8.5) at Chiefs - Dallas offense has been inept. The Chiefs are inept from top to bottom. Cowboys

Raiders (+16) at NY Giants - Wow. A 16 point spread in the pros is almost unheard of. I'm leery of making this pick. Raiders are hopeless but 16? NY Giant

Buccaneers (+16) at Eagles - Donovan McNabb is back but has he fully recovered? I'm wondering. Eagles

Redskins (+4.5) at Panthers - Two teams going no where fast. I'm taking the home team Panthers

Browns (+6) at Bills - Wheels are coming off fast in Buffalo. Cleveland showed some life last week. Browns

Falcons (+2.5) at 49ers - Mike Singletary has niners playing tough defense and Falcons running back Michael Turner isn't a good road back. 49ers

Texans (+5.5)at Cardinals - The Texans can move the ball but have red zone issues. Any, but the Raiders, have moved the ball on the Texans. Has the makings of a shoot out. Texans cover but lose.

Jaguars (-1.5) at Seahawks - Terrible match up. Seattle might get some home cooking going though. Seahawks

Patriots (-3) at Broncos - Could Broncos crash back to Earth? I'll take my chances with the Pats. I higher spread and I would have taken Denver.

Colts (-4) at Titans - Until the Titans defense shows they can stop anyone I can't pick them. Colts

NY Jets (-2) at Dolphins - Jets bounce back against the 'fins.

No comments:

My Sports Allegiances

My favorite teams are in no particular order: Houston Texans, San Antonio Spurs(NBA champs 99, 03, 05, 07, 14) and the Houston Cougars, Pittsburgh Penguins (Stanley Cups 91, 92, 08, 16, 17)
My secondary teams are: Houston Dynamo(MLS Champs 06, 07), Houston Astros (NL Champs 05), Houston Rockets (NBA Champs 94, 95)
Teams I Hate: Anything out of Dallas
Teams I Enjoy Seeing Lose: Texas Longhorns, Texas A&M Aggies, Baylor Bears football
Teams that are Insignificant: rice owls